Caerphilly County Borough 50+ Forum
The name of the group shall be Caerphilly County Borough 50+ Forum.
2 Aims and Objectives
To promote the interests, participation and engagement of people aged fifty and over in Caerphilly County Borough and provide them with an opportunity to express, publicise and present their views, opinions or complaints. This will aim to contribute to an improvement in the quality of their lives and help to address the effects of isolation, loneliness and poverty.
To provide information relevant to residents of the Borough particularly to those over 50 and friends and relatives who care for them.
The Forum will fulfil the aims by identifying any area where they can influence the improvement of the well-being of the residents of Caerphilly County Borough over 50 years old.
- To achieve this, the Forum must seek the views, ideas, opinions and even complaints of members.
- It must publicise the existence, rôle and achievements of the Forum.
- It must encourage the expansion of membership to further the extent of input from members.
The Forum can:
- Raise funds, receive grants and donations.
- Apply for funds to carry out the work of the organisation.
- Co-operate with and support other groups with similar purposes.
- Share information and provide guidance.
- Liaise with Council officers and elected members, and statutory bodies, as appropriate, to promote the aims of the Forum.
The Forum will:
- Develop and promote good practice on the engagement of older people in Caerphilly County Borough on respect of all issues that impact upon them.
- Influence policy and practice concerning current and future older people at a local, national and regional level for example by attending meetings and responding to consultations
- The Forum must utilise a wide range of appropriate communication media to make available information to the general public in the borough.
The complete document can be seen HERE